Although, twenty years ago, the deadly Trade Center attack evidenced the inclusion of a high level of technology, this warning has been largely underestimated. Islamist fanatism and terrorism are generally associated with underdevelopment, ignorance and male dominance. However, there are some clues education and social progress will not be enough to protect us from this threat. Here is an example of an original path which evidences another side of such a hybrid war.
This article in French on a Agoravox, a French news website enjoying a powerful SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and a large number of readers: Pakistan, l'extrémisme comme conséquence de l'arriération ou comme crise de la modernité ?
Ramla Akhtar a global citizen with a western way of life and a British education
|Ramla Akhtar as a western|
oriented urban lady
In 2010, Ms Ramla Akhtar, a Pakistani southern urban lady, with a Sunni confession, with a western life style, with a wealthy background and with a British education, called herself a "Goblal Citizen" and presented her profile as a "Social Designer", a "Communicator" being a "Humanitarian Futurist", having "Arts & media sector"," social enterprise", and an "equitable future", as areas of specialization.
Rmala Aalam, the path to radicalisation
Since 2013, this woman has renamed herself into Rmala Aalam and has entered into a radicalisation process. On her personal Facebook page and on her "mystical" Facebook blog page "Black Mountain, Dragon Soul - a Wounded Mystic Spins Her Yarn", her speech became nationalist with a xenophobia orientation against European and American foreigners. She calls them "white-supremacists" and "colonialists." Obsessed, according to her own words, with her "brown skin", she handles hate speeches against Wakhi people, a peaceful ethnic (Persian origin) and religious minority (Imailian Shia confession) living in the Karakoram range bordering the north of the country. She is, especially, targeting the family runnis Pamir Serai Guest houses in Chapursan Valley. Her recent call, dating September 16, 2019, for arming against these communities created a strong regional emotion. It has been communicated to the Pakistan Ministry of Interior and to local medias.
It follows a detailed alarming analysis of June 13, 2019, which was sent to Pakistani authorities: "Report of a French traveler about a domestic hate speech against the Wakhi minority of Chapursan Valley and its male international guests - credibility assessment of an alleged sexual conspiracy against local women and foreign female visitors – concerns about an emerging external extremism".
|Electronic letter for sending the report to the French Pakistan Embassador in Paris, to the Pakistani and to the Gilgit Baltistan Ministries of tourism - A French version has been sent to the French Embassy in Pakistan|
Fanatism behind hijacked modern causes
|Rmala Aalam in 2019|
It is too early to get a final view of this work in progress and how wide it will spread. The case, however, requires a strong attention and should be closely followed up. European countries should get the propers tools for identifying such profiles when they apply for an entrance visa in our countries or, who knows, for an asylum request.
Since 2015, Ms Akhtar says proposes consulting services under a solo person unregistered entity called with two names: Ramla's Projects and Rmala's Projects.
Other articles of Bernard Grua about this region:
- Report of a French traveler about a domestic hate speech against the Wakhi minority of Chapursan Valley and its male international guests – credibility assessment of an alleged sexual conspiracy against local women and foreign female visitors – concerns about an emerging external extremism
- At the knot of past empires: Zood Khun, a Wakhi village in the high northern mountains of Pakistan
- Karakoram Highway, a prototype of the new Silk Roads?
- Chapursan, where Zoodkhun nights unveil the universe
- What to see and what to do in a short period of time in Hunza?
- Tusion, the hidden gem of Pamir
- Le Grand Jeu : rencontre anglo-russe aux confins du Pamir, de l'Hindou Kouch et du Karakoram
- La Karakoram Highway, prototype des nouvelles Routes de la Soie?
- Chapursan, quand la nuit de Zoodkhun dévoile l’univers
- Quelques réflexions sur le développement d’un tourisme responsable et communautaire dans la vallée de la Hunza, Pakistan